TECHNICAL REGULATIONS FOR RTV & CCV TRIALS
Competing vehicles must comply with the current Competitors MSA yearbook:
1. Minimum of 4 wheels.
2. To be fitted with bodywork, with a driver passenger compartment that has a non-flammable Bulkhead that is capable of preventing the passage of all fluid/flame in the case of fire. All Coolant fluid pipes passing through the compartment must be painted RED and if non-metallic to be internally or externally braided-hydraulic pressure hose. Fuel and Oil fluid lines must be protected and if non-metallic to be internally or externally braided hydraulic pressure hose. '
3. Must have non-flammable bonnet securely fitted with adequate side protection.
4. Must have brakes capable of stopping the vehicle. Fiddle brakes are allowed for CCV vehicles only. There must be an independent parking brake system.
5. Upon the scrutineers' discretion steering points or attachments maybe strengthened as necessary. Any parts that have been cut/cut out/bent or welded will only be allowed if the parts have been re-manufactured to the same strength or stronger than the original.
6. Exhaust systems may be altered, but shall be kept BELOW 84 dB at 2/3 Max rpm @ 8mtrs. All exposed parts shall be isolated by suitable material.
7. Tyres must have the legal required tread depth and conform-to the EMORC Supplementary Regulations; Dumper tyres, studs and chains are prohibited.
8. Must have sprung suspension, which controls wheels and tyres from fouling the bodywork or chassis.
9. Shock absorbers must be fitted, be operable and securely fastened.
10. All fuel tanks must be isolated from the cockpit securely fixed and of sound construction, have a leak-proof cap and a vent to the outside of the vehicle, as with all spillage trays (if fitted).
11. The vehicle shall present not sharp edges or projections.
12. Wet batteries must be fitted with anti-spillage caps. All types of battery must be separated from the driver passenger compartment by means of a bulkhead, and must be securely fixed and if removed from the normal place of fitment it must be adequately covered to contain spillage.
13. A return spring shall be fitted to all throttle butterfly levers on each carburetor, fuel injection pump or injection throttle housing.
14. An operable reverse gear must be fitted.
15. Adequate front and rear towing points must be fitted and clearly visible. It is possible for the rope to be dropped over towing point without the need of additional shackles.
16. A recovery rope must be carried at all events; these shall be at least 24mm diameter and be in good condition with spliced eyes both ends. Chains, strops, cables and shackles are not allowed.
17. An electrical starter in working order and operated from the driver's seat.
18. All vehicles will carry a fire extinguisher accessible by the driver whilst normally seated, with a minimum capacity of 1.75 kg for a hand held AFFF refer to the MSA book for full details of size and types.
19. The minimum age for passengers is 14 years (trials) and 16 years (Comp Safaris). All passengers shall hold a valid membership of EMORC or a MSA club.
20. No smoking by vehicle occupants whilst competing or driving on the course and in the refueling area.
21. It is recommended that the minimum entry for each class is kept to a reasonable size (5), and if this is not possible then consideration should be given to a reduction in the number of awards in that class before deciding to amalgamate classes.
22. Vehicle classifications as per The EMORC RTV/CCV Trials Championship Regulations.
23. RTV vehicles must be entered on the tyres fitted to the vehicle when presented to the scruteneer
24. RTV vehicles must have a current MOT and Tax for that vehicle.
25. RTV vehicles must be fitted with either A) a manufacturer's hard top or truck cab, or b) with windscreen raised and correctly fitted with a minimum of a roll bar with two rear backstays.
26. CCV vehicles must be fitted with a minimum of either A) a manufacturer's hard top or truck cab with an adequately secured roll bar with two rear backstays minimum of drawing No 1 of the MSA book or B) a full roll cage, minimum of drawing No 6 of the MSA book.
27. Material for the Roll Over Protection shall be EN 10255 (BS1387) medium weight, Blue Band i.e. 42.30 x 3.2mm up to 1000kg, 48.0 x 3.2mm over 1000kg
28. A minimum of 3 point seat belts must be worn when competing.
Competitive drivers in trials must be a minimum of 17 years of age, have a current full membership. For those 17 years of age and older that do not hold a full drivers licence they must have passenger who holds a full licence and is experienced in off road trials. Where the driver and passenger are unknown to the club, an experienced club member will be their passenger to establish their competency to compete in the trial.
These regulations are the minimum requirements and any vehicle not meeting them will not be eligible to compete in the event. In the event of the vehicle being in a major damaging incident the clerk of the course will NOT allow the same to continue until passed to do so by the scrutineers.THE CHIEF SCRUTINEER'S DECISION IS FINAL
Anybody who deliberately sets out to deceive the Scutineering panel at any event may find themselves disciplined under CLUB RULE 21.